October 31, 2017 / By tampabaytinyhomes
Learn About Tiny Homes With Workshops and Tours
We are honored and excited to be a part of the Tiny Home Show on Saturday, November 11th 2017 at the Hillsborough Community College. This even will provide an abundance of information, opportunities for tiny house tours, presentations on sustainability, logistics of buying a tiny house and much more! Get your tickets today!
Join us Saturday, November 11th for a wonderful Tiny House themed festival discussing the creation of a unique Tiny Home Community in Ruskin, Florida recently featured on Tampa Bay TImes. You’ll be able to tour each tiny house at your leisure and listen to our host of speakers. There will also be raffle prizes to win!
The presentations include:
- “Composting for Tiny Living” John and Fin Kernohan, Founders of the United Tiny House Association and Georgia Tiny House Festival®, LLC
- “Designing for Change, Alternative Housing” Josue Robles – USF Architecture and Urban Design Faculty
- “Celebrate Outreach – Tiny Homes for Homeless Veterans” Sabine Von Aulock
- “Tiny Triangle” Financing, Building and Placing your tiny home” Chris Short, Co-Founder Tampa Bay Tiny Homes
- “Financing My Tiny Home on Wheels” Adam Curtis, Freedom Bank
- “Rainwater/Graywater/Permaculture Solutions with Smart Technology” Alberto Jauregui CMO at Raincube
- “Permaculture for Edible Landscaping” Kendrick T. Henry, Permaculture Design Specialist Numa Nursery™
- “Solar Solutions for Tiny Home Energy” Nancy Kettle, PhD, Analyst, Researcher, Solar Energy & Energy Storage Consultant
- “Aquaponics – Sustainable Food in Your Backyard” Jim Gibson, creator of the “Aqua-Pod” with The Cryson Ranch Aquaponics R&D Center
- “Ex-Offenders Re-enter through a Tiny Door” Michael Jalazo, ED Pinellas Ex-Offender Re-entry Coalition (PERC)
You’ll learn how sustainability, hydroponics, solar power, edible landscaping, aquaculture, permaculture, alternative energy, becoming debt-free, reducing your carbon footprint, and ability to travel play into the tiny house lifestyle and concept of a tiny home community.
$5 General Admission and FREE for Veterans.
All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Cultural Center & South Shore Coalition for Mental Health and Aging.
On Saturday, November 11th 2017 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Hillsborough Community College – SouthShore 551 24th Street N.E., Ruskin, Florida 33570
Check out the article “Woman hopes to create ‘tiny house’ community in Ruskin” featured on the Tampa Bay Times website!